Forum

07-Jan-09 07:34:21 AM UTC
Inactive User

An Embarrassment of Mangoes - A Caribbean Interlude. If any one out there is green to the Caribbean (like me) this read is a must. Its by Ann Vanderhoof and is a humorous insight into life at sea in the Caribbean. OK - its an insight to life at sea as a live -aboard rather than from a professional crew perspective but it contains some great local recipes. I loved it.
Lots Love
Karon
08-Jan-09 12:26:29 AM UTC
Justin MW

United States, California

Thanks Karon! Sounds like it would be a good one for me. I'm green to the Caribbean and I love to cook. :)
Justin McChesney
21-Oct-09 02:17:38 AM UTC
Inactive User

Karon Mahy:
An Embarrassment of Mangoes - A Caribbean Interlude. If any one out there is green to the Caribbean (like me) this read is a must. Its by Ann Vanderhoof and is a humorous insight into life at sea in the Caribbean. OK - its an insight to life at sea as a live -aboard rather than from a professional crew perspective but it contains some great local recipes. I loved it.

It was a great book. I don't cook but love to eat, especially tropical delights! It made me hungry just reading it. Great to absorb the culture between the food.

Dr. Steve W. Batson